Annual Haunted Hike on Turnpike
Are you brave enough to walk the haunted woods of the Bedford YMCA Nature Trails? Come and see if you can make it all the way through while supporting our great travel soccer team for the Bedford Soccer Association. Every year gets better and more terrifying!
Blossom to Bottle 3K/5K In Person and Virtual Race
Saturday, April 8th
Registration is now open for the 12th Blossom to Bottle 3K & 5K and 7th B2B Chili Cook-Off. (The virtual option starts April 8th thru April 9th).
If you are a runner, walker, cook or just love to indulge your pallet we have all you need at this unique event. We have a 5K run/walk, 3K walk only, Chili Cook-Off, wine tasting, live music, campfire w/s’mores and guess what? Easter Sunday is the same weekend so there might just be some egg hunting involved once again!
The Pot of Gold is back!
Saturday, February 4th, 2023 we welcome back this great night of fun and fundraising. Each $150 ticket is good for 2 people, open bar, heavy hors d’oeuvres, live music by Rewind, bidding in the silent auction, AND entry into all the cash drawings, including the Pot of Gold of $7500!
Tickets are available at the Member Services Desk or by contacting a Director or Board Member of the Bedford YMCA.
If you missed the prizes for winners or need to pick up your shirt you can do so at the Bedford YMCA starting 12/5/22 at the Member Services Desk.
You can also buy a mug for $3 and/or a shirt for $10. These will be on sale until they are sold out so don’t wait!
43rd Annual Peaks of Otter Christmas Classic
SAVE THE DATE!
The 44tt Peaks of Otter Christmas Classic 5K will be held on December 2nd, 2023
1. Location in at the Bedford Baptist Church, 1516 Oakwood St. Bedford, VA 24523
2. 5K Early Bird price is until Nov. 9th and 1 mile until Nov. 27th. Sign up online a www.Christmasclassic5k.com (link below)
3. The live 5K event starts at 8:30AM on Dec. 2nd, 2023
4. The Youth 1 mile will have a start time of approx. 9:45 AM.
5. All results will be ranked on “chip” time by Riverside Runners.
6. There is also a virtual option for both the 5K and youth 1 mile and you may run your specific distance between Dec. 1 – Dec. 3.
7. The Top of the Hill is still at the Bedford Memorial Hospital and will award a $50 gift card from Riverside Runners to the first Male & Female to reach the top.
8. Participants are asked to warm up and warm down away from our start / finish line.
9. We will hold the Award Ceremony directly after the 1 mile finishes. We will continue our cinnamon roll tradition! Also, we are giving out door prizes when time allows. Follow us Facebook @Christmasclassic5k and/or sign up at the link below
10. If you are already signed up for the 5K (live) there will be a follow-up email that will tell you what waive you are in.
*Long sleeve t-shirts are included and guaranteed until Nov. 12th. We hope you will join us this year.
TDB please ask a fitness associate for more information on dates.
With all the yummy goodness that comes with holiday parties and celebrations, it can be harder to make healthy choices. This program will help you maintain your weight through the holidays. Everyone wants to partake in the delicious holiday treats, this program
will help to be the gentle reminder that everything in moderation is key.
Every Monday, starting November 21st and running until January 4th you will weigh in at our Fitness Desk and everyone’s progress will be notated on the wall board in a plus or minus fashion. No actual weights or weigh-in’s will be made public.
Sign up today at our Member Services Desk for only $3, and help yourself have a healthier holiday season.